SEO or search engine optimization is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a website from search engines via organic search results.
And one way to make your website successful in SEO is to get other websites to link back to your site. This tedious process is known as Link Building.
There are many ways to get back links, some even ‘illegal”. In this post, let me share with you top 10 ways to get back links legally, which will not incur the wrath of the search engines
- Article Submission. Write articles about topics related to what you do and submit them to article directories with a link back to your website.
- Blog Commenting. Visit blogs and leave comments with a link back to your site. Do not spam. Make sure you read the posts and leave genuine comments. Respect the bloggers.
- Create entries on Squidoo and HubPages. Create pages on Squidoo and HubPages and link back to your site. However, you need to earn a certain reputation on both Squidoo and Hubpages in order for the backlinks to be counted by Google.
- Start a blog. A blog with good content encourages people to share you link around.
- Start a Facebook and Twitter Page and share updates or articles from your site.
- Exchange links with other webmasters. You place their links on your site and they place your link on their site. A well-crafted and sincere email will do the job.
- Submit your site to directories. This is one of the most traditional link building method. Submit your site to BOTW, DMOZ, Yahoo Directory and other notable directories on the web.
- Participate in forum discussion and leave a link back to your website in your signature.
- Start a campaign on Facebook. Start a contest on Facebook and get people to share your website link.
- Create a whitepaper and give it away for free. Market the link to download your whitepaper and get people to share the link around.
Here you go.. top 10 ways to get back links.
Time to build links!